IntersailClub On-Board Cuisine & Secrets ~ Our Plates this week:
A classic dish of ours is ‘Zuppa di Calamari & Gamberi’ with a glass of Inzolia on the side
*feeds 4 people
500 grams of calamari
500 grams of shrimp
300 grams of baby tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
100 milliliters of extra virgin olive oil
1 glass of white wine
Parsley to taste
Crostini (toasted bread slices)
Recommend cooking with the extraordinary small tasty tomatoes called ‘Pachino’ from south Sicily:
1. Sauté the garlic and onion with extra virgin olive oil, a few shrimp and pieces of calamari.
2. After 2-3 minutes, add the baby tomatoes cut in pieces.
3. After 5 minutes, add in the white wine at the flame on high.
4. After another 3 minutes, add the rest of the calamari and shrimp at a medium flame for around 15-20 minutes.
5. Add in salt while cooking.
6. Add in parsley when you are finished cooking; add pepper and/or hot pepper flakes to your liking.
7. Toast slices of bread, rub with garlic and extra virgin olive oil and add to final product.
‘If you sail our European itineraries, you will be served the freshest Mediterranean ingredients and specialties from the on-board chef!
Do you want more info about special cruises? Tell us when you would like to travel and we’ll give you the best option> email@example.com