Terms and conditions
The travel service Intersailclub provides to you is subject to the following Terms of Service ("TOS"), which may be updated without notice at any time. By using the Intersailclub website and the Intersailclub service you agree to abide by all terms and conditions of the "TOS". You also acknowledge that you have read and reviewed the following safety guidelines and conditions.
Area of application
Intersailclub GmbH (subsequently named: ‘ISC’) performs its services based on the following general terms and conditions. By using the services offered by ISC, you agree to adhere to these terms and conditions and following safety guidelines. ISC is entitled to make changes or improvements to the terms and conditions at any time with immediate effect. If you access third parties through the services of ISC, the use of a third party service may be subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant third party.
What is Intersailclub (ISC): Safety Policies and Guidelines
ISC is a travel network designed to connect travelers who want to share a travel experience. ISC is also a social booking platform that allows users to book a single spot in a group travel environment. Many people use ISC simply as a great source for personal travel information. In this way, ISC is a travel platform that offers a tour service for people who want to create their own private travel/cruise, and can also be used for people who desire a “blind” booking and don’t mind not knowing who their travel companions will be.
1. ISC provides an internal private messaging platform for each user to open lines of communication and get to know one another. If an ISC user (that you don’t know) wants to travel with you and/or suggests you join a trip, and/or wants to join your trip, do your research first! Ask several questions so you can find out more about the person and form a comfortable, trusting relationship.
2. Utilize Privacy Settings
ISC privacy settings are setup to be as simple and as easy to use as possible. They are designed to give you full control of what information you wish to share and with whom you wish to share it with. You can decide to make your travel profile public or not.
ISC also provides the option for users to create their own private boat (in this case it is the users responsibility to invite and organize the group to cover the full trip cost) for those who prefer to cruise with people they already know.
3. Keep Personal Info Private
If there is information you want to keep secure…keep it away from the Internet. It’s that simple. Never post your address, phone number, Social Security number or financial information on the ISC public chat .
4. Always use common sense. Traveling can always present some safety risks. Users hereby agree that ISC cannot be held responsible for the any occurrences or risks associated with the connections made through our site.
1. Users are responsible for any activity that occurs under their username.
2. Users are responsible for the confidentiality of the information & data they upload to the site.
3. Users may not harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other ISC users.
4. Users may not upload, post, email, or transmit any content that they do not have the right or permission to do so.
5. Users are solely responsible for the content and information that they transmit on ISC.
6. Users are not allowed to post or transmit any content that is deemed by ISC to be obscene, vulgar, libelous, defamatory, harmful or hateful.
7. Users are prohibited from transmitting or presenting any forms of unsolicited or unauthorized advertising.
8. Users are not allowed to use the Service or Website for any illegal or unauthorized purposes.
9. International users agree to comply with their respective local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
The goal of Intersailclub is to get users in the community to book the best travel experience possible!
By default, basic information taken from your profile will be displayed to other users in the search results to help connect one another on trips.
Although ISC offers travel packages to the users of ISC, said packages that are booked/bought are guaranteed by the companies that sell their travel/tours on ISC. At the time of booking, the booking conditions are presented and a boarding voucher is signed by the user. At which point, all the responsibility related to the booked travel is exclusively the travel supplier’s.
We reserve the right to modify or terminate your service without notice at any time for any illegal reason (behavior against the law) or for not respecting the member conduct rules or cause force majeure.
ISC is a travel booking platform service for travelers who can join other travelers in a common destination. We are not involved in the actual contact between users. As a result, we have no control over the conduct of our users or the truth or accuracy of the information that users post on the website.
ISC reserves the right to discontinue services offered or delete user accounts at any time.
You agree that ISC has no responsibility on the travel you book, as each travel voucher/contract you buy on ISC is issued by suppliers who organize the cruises, travels and tours.
ISC is a travel platform that helps users find the ideal travel companions with which to share the trip.
You agree that ISC has no responsibility or liability for the deletion, storage or loss of photos, trip journals, messages, and user submitted material.
Booking Terms and Conditions
The Online Booking Terms below are applicable as of May 1st 2014.
We ask you to read our Online Booking Terms and Conditions as you will be asked to confirm that you have read and understood these before your booking can be confirmed. Following these guidelines will help you to: 1. understand what you can expect from us; 2. get the key information that will help you to organize your trip; 3. understand what we need from you in order to complete your booking successfully.
I. Online Booking Process
The following are the main steps to making an online booking:
(i) First Step: Selection of the service – Enter the destination required. Select the Itinerary of choice and check availability.
(ii) Second Step: Based on the criteria you provide, ISC will provide you with an offer matching your needs in the form of a detailed recapitulation. The ‘offer' is legally defined as: - a service which includes a selected cruise category available for a chosen duration with selected options (if any) - a rate which is always prepaid.
(iii) Third Step: Acceptance of the offer: Click ‘Book your Trip’ button to enter all details and confirm that all contact, Itinerary and date details are correct prior to confirmation.
(iv) Fourth Step : Confirmation: You will then be asked to confirm this acceptance*.
*It is the users responsibility to confirm all cruise details and extras pricing PRIOR to booking the boat. ISC will not refund or cancel bookings based on customer 'preference' or the boat not being equipped for what they need.
(v) Fifth Step : ISC notification; ISC will send you confirmation of the booking (if available) including the booking number. The confirmation notice will include the details of your reservation.
Note: Booking Date: - we can accept bookings for between 4 days and 12+ months’ notice - We cannot guarantee bookings for same / next day.
II. Confirmation of Booking by ISC
At the end of the booking process you will be taken to your Booking Confirmation page. You will also receive a confirmation email containing the details of your reservation. Please print these and keep them for your records.
Your ISC cruise quote takes into account CRUISE PRICES ONLY. The total cost of your cruise generally includes the following items: Cruise quote account + Cruise quote balance (including discounts and special offers) + Addictional fees (mandatory and generally payable at boarding time) + Extra fees (optional and generally payable at boarding time or during the cruise).
The list of these charges will be present on the booking confirmation or verified over the phone by an operator.
The rates, the timeline of payments and the confirmed booking (signed contracts) are guaranteed for the booking.
The list of these charges is visible in each cruise page under the tab ‘Price details’ but we recommend to verify these charges also in the ‘charter agreement’ available in the button of the booking page before checking the relative box to agree. If any information is not clear or if there is any doubt ISC is available to help the user.
Your booking is confirmed after paying the deposit. Should you do not pay the balance by the specified deadline your booking will be cancelled and the deposit will not be refunded, unless otherwise specified in the relevant Charter agreement
If you fail to respect payment deadlines or fail to provide ICS with the documents requested during the booking, you renounce the booking and ICS is will not refund you in any form, unless otherwise specified in the relevant Charter agreement.
Should ICS cancel your booking for reason of “Event of Force Majeure”, not depending on you, the total amount you have paid till the moment of cancellation will be refunded to you and no other refund of any form will be entitled to you, unless otherwise specified in the relevant Chater agreement.
If the charter supplier cancels the cruise for reason of “Event of Force Majeure”, not depending on you, the charter supplier will refund you in the terms specified in the relevant Charter agreement.
IV. Payment / Means of payment / Deposit terms and conditions
"Book your trip" - Online booking
When opting to book online, payment of the full estimated amount will occur as follows (unless otherwise specified in the specific cruise page and the relative charter agreement):
- If the charter date is between 3 and 30 days from the booking date: the payment of the entire amount is required to book the cruise.
- If charter date is prior to 30 days from the booking date: the payment of 50 % of the entire amount is required to book and the balance is due within 30 days before the cruise starting date.
B. Means of payment
Payment can be made using the following means of payment:
- Bank Transfer: ISC Bank account details are provided during the booking process and the payment is accepted when received in the bank account via bank transfer. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that the correct amount is transferred (in reference to exchange rates for EUR € prices) and that the correct reference is used. The customer is responsible to send ISC the bank transfer receipt, especially in case of delays due to the bank transfer, ensuring that payment is received by ICS.
- Credit card(s): When paying by credit card you will not be charged until your booking is confirmed. When cruises are booked with individual yacht owners (instead of yacht charter companies), the remaining balance of the entire amount is held by ISC until 24 hours after check-in. For your safety, confirm payment with the ISC website only. Payment using credit(s) card(s) is (are) accepted in accordance with the limits authorized by the client credit card issuer; The credit card holder must be identified as the booker (the "main booker" to be mentioned on the booking agreement) OR needs to have written consent in the form of a third party authorization form for use of another’s credit card. Failure to do so can result in legal proceedings and prosecution.
C. Security Deposit - Transaction authorization
All transactions beyond the final payment are completed directly with the local supplier – i.e. additional extras to be paid at base. ISC bares no responsibility for any errors committed by the cruise suppliers in regards to pricing of extras, transaction errors and security deposit returns.
In case of a full boat booking, the local supplier can ask you for a security deposit. The security deposit depends on the policy of the Local supplier and it may vary from one boat, partner or country to another. If any information is not clear or there is any doubt ISC is available to help the user.
ISC accepts no responsibility for any additional costs incurred as a result.
V. Qualification at time of booking & rental: Documentation
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that he has all the personal documentation, visa and/or vaccination required to enter a specific Country.
VI. Changes to reservation: Modification/Cancellation Policy
Cancellation policy may vary between each charter supplier, we recommend to read the specific charter agreement. In general, no refunds are made if the customer's request for cancellation occurs within 30 days of the departure date, here below the typical cancellation policy applied by the majority of trip organizers:
More than 90 days before boarding: 20% of the charter fee
• 89 - 60 days before boarding: 30% of the charter fee
• 59-30 days before boarding: 50% of the charter fee
• Less than 29 days before boarding: 100% of the charter fee.
In case of modification/cancellation of a booked trip we reserve the rights to deduct from the reimbursement any operational costs incurred by Intersailclub for the related reservation. Agency fees may be charged to the customer following the cancellation
Liability for content
Neither ISC nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. Your use of any information or materials provided by this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
Liability for Links
This site contains links to external websites over which we have no control. We offer no guarantee for the contents of these external sites. The contents of linked sites are the responsibility of the respective site operator. All linked pages were checked at the time of linking for possible legal violations. Upon notification of violations, corresponding links will be removed immediately.
The site content and works provided on these pages are subject to Switzerland copyright law. The reproduction, modification, distribution, or any kind of commercial exploitation outside the restrictions of copyright law require the written consent of the author or creator. Downloads and copies are permitted only for personal, noncommercial use. Insofar as the content on this site is created by the operator. Third party content is marked as such. Should you become aware of copyright infringement, please notify us immediately. Upon notification of violations, we will remove the content immediately.
Intersailclub.com GmbH controls the processing of personal data as described in this Privacy Statement. Intersailclub.com GmbH is a private limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of the Switzerland and has its offices at Blegistrasse 11B 6340 Baar/ZG.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or about our processing of your personal data, please contact our data protection officer via firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get right back to you. For questions about your reservation, please contact our customer service team via contact page here.
Blegistrasse 11B Switzerland, 6340 Baar/ZG